News & new things from/with/about poets & writers in the Porkbelly family.
- One of Sarah’s Elizabeth Short poems appears in Drunk Monkeys: “Elizabeth Short Visits the Black Lodge.” Interested in more poems like this? Dreamland for Keeps (Porkbelly Press, 2018) has released this month—it’s a whole chapbook of erasure poems.
Found Footage (Porkbelly Press, 2018)
by Maggie Woodward
- Congratulations to Chen Chen on accepting the 2018 – 2020 Jacob Ziskind Poet-in-Residence at Brandeis University!
- Chen’s “I Invite My Parents to a Dinner Party” up at poem-a-day. You can hear him read it here!
- When I Grow Up, I Want to Be a List of Further Possibilities (BOA Editions) won the Thom Gunn Award for Gay Poetry.
Love Me, Anyway (Porkbelly Press, 2018)
by Minadora Macheret
- Congratulations to Minadora Macheret on winning the Justin Q. Owens Convention Theme: Creative Writing award from Sigma Tau Delta’s 2018 Convention!
- Anita’s manuscript Cartography of Grief was a runner-up in the Dorset Prize (selected by Dana Levin via Tupelo Press).
- “Cartography of a Missing Body” & “Cartography of a Keyhole” (two father poems) in the new issue if Up North Lit.
- Lindsay’s manuscript Catechesis: a postpastoral was a finalist in the Dorset Prize (selected by Dana Levin via Tupelo Press).
- Blackbird Whitetail Redhand was released this month! The chapbook is handbound (Japanese stab binding) and features letterpress covers. » order
- “Captain Picard Teaches My Son to Throw a Football” is up at Beech Street Review.
- Congratulations to Amorak Huey for winning the 2018 Vern Rutsala Prize. His book Seducing the Asparagus Queen is due out in late-summer via Cloudbank Books.
Dry Spell (Porkbelly Press, 2016)
by Patrick Kindig
- Patrick Kindig reads three poems at The Poets Weave.
The Girl (Porkbelly Press, 2017)
by Donna Vorreyer
- a new piece, “Painting Which is in Fact Not a Sky” is up in Juxtaprose.
- A new essay up at Cotton Xenomorph in their manifestos series: “Anderson’s Rules for Writing Found Poetry.”
- EKA’s essay “Everything Could Never Be This Real” is up at Memoir Mixtapes!