How Darkness Enters a Body by Sarah Nichols
Apples or Pomegranates (cover art: Anita Olivia Koester)
brambleþ (anthology) cover photo by: Olivia Edvalson
Daughter Shaman Sings Blood Anthem (Kristi Carter) cover: Nicci Mechler
Feeding the Dead by M. Brett Gaffney (cover art: Mary Chiaramonte)
End of year news (December!) for our Porkbelly Press poets & writers:
Dreamland for Keeps (Porkbelly Press, 2018) & How Darkness Enters a Body (Porkbelly Press, 2018) by Sarah Nichols » @onibaba37
Apples or Pomegranates (Porkbelly Press, 2017)
by Anita Olivia Koester » anitaoliviakoester.com
- “Coronation,” a sonnet crown, was nominated for a Pushcart by Pittsburgh Poetry Review.
- Anita’s poem “Avowal” won the Gwendolyn Brooks Poetry Award.
Love Me, Anyway (Porkbelly Press, 2018)
by Minadora Macheret
- “Baba Yaga: Her Almost Origin Story” from bramble & thorn was nominated for a Pushcart Prize.
MEXICAMERICANA (Porkbelly Press, 2017)
by Eloisa Amezcua » www.eloisaamezcua.com
- “Watching Underworld, Inc Episode 3: Human Cargo” from Mexicamericana was nominated for a Pushcart Prize.
Feeding the Dead (Porkbelly Press, 2017)
by M. Brett Gaffney « blog
Daughter Shaman Sings Blood Anthem (Porkbelly Press, 2017)
by Kristi Carter » @kristixcarter
Blackbird Whitetail Redhand (Porkbelly Press, 2018)
by Lindsay Lusby
- We’re working on finishing up the design of the cover for this chapbook. Lindsay blogged some thoughts about letterpress. Blackbird Whitetail Redhand will ship in early 2018.
Midnight Blue by Vanessa Jimenez Gabb (cover art: Nicci Mechler)
My Heart in Aspic by Sonya Vatomsky (cover: Shannon Perry)
My Heart in Aspic (Porkbelly Press, 2015)
by Sonya Vatomsky // @coolniceghost
NGQ: Sonya, first I’d like to ask about your origin story: if you were a character in a poem, how might you introduce yourself?
SONYA VATOMSKY: Chaotic neutral half-elf bard. I’m the scoundrel in the corner of the tavern trying to sell treasure maps to unsuspecting adventurers. Seriously, though, I’m in all my poems. At least a little bit. Especially the angry ones.
midnight blue (Porkbelly Press, 2015)
by Vanessa Jimenez Gabb // missgabb.tumblr.com
13 – David W. McFadden once said that books come from books, but are there any other forms that influence your work, whether nature, music, science or visual art? Yes, all those, everything. You can trust a writer with anything. | more at rob’s blog